A long, long time ago a bunch of local yokels in various stages of human development gathered on the shores of the Hood Canal and launched themselves into the frigid water to celebrate the start of the New Year. It was 1988, or maybe 1989, and apparently the ice cream headache that ensued was enough to last us a few decades. But this year, we're bringing it back!
Start the year with a clear mind and a good conscience at Hama Hama when you jump into the frigid waters for not just a good cause – but a GREAT cause!
Your $20 gets you into a polar plunge party. Included in ticket price: 1/2 dozen oysters (raw or grilled) and hot (non-alcoholic) drinks. Additional oysters available for purchase, as well as mulled wine and beer (from Three Magnets and Holy Mountain), and the world's most satisfying broth from Yodelin Broth.
Most importantly: all proceeds go to support our friend Dylan, who was diagnosed with ALS in April.
No purchase is necessary to take the plunge, but we recommend buying this ticket because it comes with oysters, good times, and warm fuzzies.
1. Plunge party is from noon to ~2, with the dunking happening with the high tide at 12:50.
2. No naked plungers, in case that needs to be said.
3. Bring a change of warm clothes, a towel, and whatever you need to survive 49 degree water. Water shoes highly advised. Wet suits permitted (we're not that tough). And... swim caps?
4. Humans over 16 should buy this ticket to access the party. We'll follow up with more info to ticket holders in the coming weeks.
5. Party is all ages (wrist band required for ID check). And, underage plungers are great, as long as there's an overage chaperone.
6. The saloon and store will both be open until 5:30.