Washington is the second state in the US to legalize recreational marijuana, and so, like Colorado, is pioneering marijuana tourism and paving the way for other states to follow suit.
Many of us know that Nature and time spend outdoors is a healer in its own right, and the experience is simply enhanced by legal marijuana. Though, it many places it's still taboo, and regardless of the situation, it's imperative to always abide by federal law and local rules while respecting local businesses.
Seattle supports many tours, events, and activities catered specifically to those who want to know more about the local cannabis scene. Kush Tourism, The Original Cannibus, and Weedbus Club are just a few of the new businesses flourishing under the new laws.
Cannabis Laws in Washington State
Know before you go. If you don’t know, ask. And even if you're abiding by all laws and rules, be courteous and aware of your surroundings.
- Currently, anyone 21+ can purchase marijuana products from recreational marijuana stores.
- It is ILLEGAL to consume in public. Period.
- Likewise, it's ILLEGAL to possess and consume marijuana on federal land.
- You cannot legally share products that you purchase. It’s considered illegal distribution.
- It is illegal to grow without a license even if it’s for personal use only.
Weed in Hood Canal
Hood Canal has become a hub for small weed shops. Though we currently don’t have any Olympic Peninsula cannabis-themed tours to tell you about, or ganja-friendly hotels, lounges, cooking or painting classes, we remain hopeful that we’ll be able to report back sooner rather than later.
For now, we’d like to map out the head shops and dispensaries around the Hood Canal area, then point you to some of our travel guides.